Chocolate Granola

As if the Challenge of living on a budget isn't enough, us Moms we also have the Challenge of making healthy meal choices for our families.
And Unless your grocery budget is 2-3 times the size of mine you are probably discovering how hard it is to buy healthy foods AND stay within budget.
Cereal is expensive, but healthy cereal is even more expensive!!
It's upsetting when I look at the ingredient list of something I have spend our hard earned money on and find ingredients of things that I don't recognize and can't pronounce.

That's why Cereal is one of the items I have decided to eliminate from our grocery list.

 However what to have on hand for a quick breakfast??

Granola to the rescue!!!!

For my Birthday my sister gave me a small Jar of Chocolate Granola, It didn't look like much, but lets say I was pretty much HOOKED after the first bite!

Here you go!!
3 cup rolled oats
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup rice crispies
Mix together in a bowl.

Melt together:
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
Add:
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1TBS vanilla

toss with dry ingredients,

spread into 2 9x13 pans and bake at 250 for 1 hour (or until dry and crisp) stir every 15 min.
remove from oven, add:
1 cup mini semi sweet Choc chips (I use milk choc chips)
1 Cup chopped, dried cranberries
Makes approx. 1 quart

Enjoy!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Fleece fitted Sheets

How to make your own Snicker Bars

Amish Hat Cookies